That's it!! I've done it now . .

Torn newspaper layered with painted Bondaweb, decorated with gilding flake and transfer foil.

 

Well that's it!! There is no going back now . . I have just bought a Zoom licence. My first live Zoom Workshop is on Saturday, February 27th. I have been on the other side of many Zoom meetings, now I will be hosting my own. I am really looking forward to hosting. 

I am offering 3 of my favourite workshops first, then I will be adding newly developed workshops from the end of May. The one day workshops run from 10am - 4pm. The first item on all my materials list will be cake! Cake, in any form, will be an important part of my workshops.

Cake will be compulsory

I am missing faces, happy faces, concentrating faces, 'I don't get it' faces and cheeky faces. Live Zoom workshops are the closest way for me to get to working with students. If we can't actually be together, at least we can see each other in real time. The workshops will consist of a one day workshop and then a 2 hour live Zoom group Show & Tell - 2 weeks later. That should give everyone time to stitch into or develop what they learned on the workshop in some way. I will give you ideas throughout the workshops.

It's all about me really! I miss seeing you all, and I rarely get to see what workshop participants have created after the workshop, if they do. I hope the extra 2 hour group Zoom will give my students a gentle nudge to get on with the work created on the workshops. If you can't, because we all know how life can get in the way, you can still join the group Zoom and see what everyone else has done.

***

The new Live Zoom Workshops - 

A New Starting Point  

Zoom Workshop 1 - A New Starting Point. Saturday 27th February - 10am - 4pm

This workshop is €65 and includes a 2 hour Zoom group show and Tell on Saturday March 13th 10.30am - 4pm
 
To enrol, email Kim at - info@kimthittichai.com
 
I thought I would start with my most popular workshop.

Discover and develop the redemptive qualities of old newspapers, maps, music and books. Create fascinating surfaces on which to print and stitch. Using painted Bondaweb/Vliesofix and all manner of sparkle, we will explore the possibilities of layering textures, ending up with exciting surfaces can be further embellished with print and stitch.
If ironed onto a firm interfacing these gorgeous pieces of work that can be used to make boxes, vessels and brooches.
 ***
 
Using plants as a resist with transfer printing

Zoom Workshop 2 - Transforming Transfer. Saturday 27th March - 10am - 4pm

This workshop is €65 and includes a 2 hour Zoom group Show and Tell on Saturday April 10th 10.30 - 12.30

to enrol - email Kim at info@kimthittichai.com
 
Explore the possibilities of transfer paints and crayons, creating fabulous colours on synthetics and more subtle effects on naturals. We will try resists, overprinting, layering and various ways of applying paint and crayons.
Working with Bondaweb and soldering irons we will cut shapes to apply onto your chosen background. Create a range of colourful and exciting samples on an array of fabrics.
Your samples will be exciting backgrounds to stitch into should you wish.
 
***

Positive and negative printing blocks created from an original design


 

Zoom Workshop 3 - Create Your Own Printing Blocks. Saturday 24th April 10am - 4pm

This workshop is €65 and includes a 2 hour Zoom group catch up on Saturday May 8th 10.30 - 12.30
 
To enrol - email Kim at info@kimthittichai.com
 
Using your own design source, you will learn to isolate designs to use to make your own, original, printing blocks. Learn about positive and negative space, repeat and mirror prints. Try printing on different surfaces. This is a great way to create original work. Make it different! 
 
***
 
My Mailing list  . . .
From May onwards I will be offering new workshops. I am working on a 3D workshop for the end of May. There will be a live Zoom workshop every month until November this year. 
If you would like to be added to the mailings list for the my newsletter - email me, with 'mailing list', in the subject - info@kimthittichai.com.
 
 I am working out the times I can offer live Zoom workshops to my followers in Australia, New Zealand and maybe America. Different time zones are fun aren't they!!??

***
 
It won't be long til the sea pinks are out and the gulls are nesting on Loop Head

Life has been so very strange for so many of us in this time of Covid - all over the world. It can be very hard to keep positive when the goal posts keep being moved. Sometimes you wonder if you will ever sit in a restaurant again, or go out for a drink with a group of friends. I think it is the uncertainty that really gets to us. I have found taking back control, even in a small way has helped me. This is why I have decided to teach on Zoom. Being proactive.
 
I am gathering all the equipment I need for filming in the studio. It is fun learning new ways to communicate. I have new lights and a new web cam. A friend will be setting me up the day before the first workshop to make sure everything all works together. Fingers crossed all will go well.
 
A recent sunrise

I am hoping to have time to get back to making new work next month. I am currently on a few training courses. Digital marketing, video making, and Adapting your Business. 
This recent sunrise is calling to me. It is a slightly different colour tone, more peachy than usual. I will start with this. 
 
 
Keep well and safe my lovelies,
Sending you love from Loop Head

 

Comments

  1. Hi Kim, so excited for this new chapter for you! I am interested in a workshop, probably your first one, "A New Starting Point" but I am in the US and the time doesn't work for me, hopefully you will be able to work that out.....thanks and wishing you great success........Anna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016