Upcoming workshops and planning ahead!

Painted Bondaweb decorated with snips of polyester organza and hand stitch.
Hot Textiles workshop.

I am now back in the swing of things, I hadn't quite appreciated that the knee op would also affect my brain!!! It has taken a long time to get back to 'normal'.
I have been planning several trips, both here and New Zealand, and am looking at what is coming up.

There are a couple of spaces left on my workshop for the North Kent Guild in Meopham, Kent this weekend. (June 27th) The workshop is Hot Textiles. If you are interested do email suzannecooper55@gmail.com

 *

 

There are also a couple of spaces left on my workshop 'Colourworks' at The Bridge, Brighton the following weekend July 4th & 5th. We will take a look at colour theory (we all need it!) and then go on to tear, cut, curl, pleat and manipulate paper to create beautiful, colourful vessels, book covers or a wall piece.
phone 01273 687053  http://bit.ly/1RvYY6P

 


Looking ahead to 2016

Looking ahead to next year, I am finalising my dates for my 'tour' of the West Country. I will be teaching a design based workshop at Roseland Mew Studio on the 28th & 29th April and my newspaper and machine embroidery on water soluble fabric workshop for Sylvia McCann in Babbacombe, Torquay 5th - 7th May. I can take on extra workshop either side of theses dates. I will be choosing which workshops I teach at which venue very carefully, I don't want to overlap.
Do email me at info@kimthittichai.com if you are interested in booking me to teach a 2 or 3 day workshop.


Fancy a workshop using heat tools and sparkle? Then book me . . . .


*

Looking ahead to 2017

A sample from the 1 day the transfer printing workshop at Palmerston North.

Yes! I know it is a long way off - but long haul trips need a lot of planning. I have to book long trips around the shows and my monthly Experimental Textiles course.
I will be spending 6 weeks teaching in New Zealand - 3 weeks on the North Island and 3 weeks on the South. I have booked out from 10th April - 21st May 2017. I already have one booking for the first week on the North Island so it would make sense to 'do' the North Island from the 10th April 2017 and the South Island from the 1st of May 2017.
If any groups are interested in booking me, do contact me - info@kimthittichai.com. 
There were various expressions of interest when I taught at the Quilt Symposium in Palmerston North in January - now I just need to start firming up dates and venues. It would be wonderful to see some of you girls again.

One of the happy students on my newspaper based course at Palmerston North.

*

So, that's enough seeing into the future, let's hope we all live that long . . . .

My next post will be after the weekend and my Hot Textiles workshop. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the ladies last Saturday when I gave a lecture in Gravesend. They are great fun and very organised. I am looking forward to a day of organised chaos and more fun on Saturday. Whooo hooo!!!!

The sun is shining as I write this and it feels WARM - wow! Must hang some washing out . . . .

x x x



Comments

  1. Heh Kim, you might want to check up on the link to your latest book, Reclaimed Textiles? The link fails and goes nowhere. Can we buy directly from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, thanks for that - all fixed now. You can buy from me, but it would be cheaper from Amazon or Book Depository. I don't mind where you buy my books, as long as you read them. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016