The Northern Ireland Embroidery Guild 17th - 19th January - part the second

 It was worth having a little hint in the last post - Janet sent me 2 images of how she is beginning to stitch in to her samples.

 
 Starting to look good . . .

  The one day workshop on Sunday was A New Starting Point - the day started well with Noel cooking me an 'Ulster fry' - How could I refuse???
 
 A girl needs a good start to the day . . .

I must say that the ladies of The Northern Ireland Embroidery Guild  www.nieg.org.uk are very good fun - and also VERY talented. I had the best weekend teaching this fabulous group of women.

 The ladies working hard.
 
 Just look at that bottom lip . . . !!!! Joanne/Joanna was particularly good fun.

 
 Lots of layering of papers, painted Bondaweb and of course - sparkles.

 
 
 
 
 
 

The papers were then printed onto - preferably with a colour that is already in the works so the print isn't tooooo 'in your face'!!

 

 
 

 I will show you the finished samples in the next post before I dash down to Exeter for the Craft4Crafters show on Wednesday.

 
 The group also tried the newspaper faux chenille which I will also show you after the weekend - I took so many pictures because the group produced so much splendid work.

*

I can't leave this post without another image of Tess - The Wonder Dog! 
She made it very clear to me on Sunday morning as I was packing my case that she really would like to come home with me . . . . . 


 . . . if only - I think Catherine, Noel and Matthew might have a little something to say about that. I will just to go back again . . . Ha Ha!!!

*

Have great weekend everyone.
Hello Jill
Hello Diana

x x x

Comments

  1. Will be thinking about you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMMmm!!! if nothing else it will be fun - I have to ask myself . . . do I have the time? See you soon. x x x

      Delete
  2. So much gorgeous texture! Thanks for the eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vicki, wait till you see the final samples in the next post. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016