New courses, upadated website and just . . . Stuff!!!

 A New Starting Point - July 5th and 6th (Saturday and Sunday)

 This is a catch up - kind of housekeeping notes. I have added two workshops in Brighton to my diary. I have found somewhere new to teach locally with plenty of parking and not too far from Falmer station.

The first workshop is a weekend one - July 5th and 6th 

A New Starting Point. £95.00
Discovering and developing the redemptive qualities of old newspapers. Create fascinating surfaces on which to print and stitch. Using painted Bondaweb and gilding flake we will explore the possibilities of layering textures to end up with firm pieces of work that can be used to make boxes and vessels and demonstrate the striking contrasts of the media. Rich/poor and matt/shiny.


***

 Layers of heavy Tyvek layered with polyester organza, stitched and then zapped with a heat gun.

I have also booked a four day Summer School August 12th - 15th. Tuesday - Friday

Experimental Textiles - New Jewelled Surfaces. £220.00

Enjoy and explore all the techniques for surface decoration you have wanted to try but haven't yet found time. Create wonderful surfaces to stitch or not! Products include painted Bondaweb, 'Tyvek', Vilene Spunbond, embossing powders and much more!
 
Both courses can be booked at 
Bridge Community Centre,
Lucraft Road,
Brighton BN2 4PN


***

 
The Hots Spots are flying out at the moment, it seems that a lot of you are realising just how useful they are now, and the KK-glue is selling well - which is good as it was a big investment. The new Sparkle and Shine Play Pack is also proving very popular. I think the promotion I carried out on Facebook helped. Many thanks to those of you who took part.

All the new videos are now on the website on the appropriate pages, this should help you understand how to use (or how I use) the products.

***

Experimental Textiles at The Old Needle Works, Redditch

Torn paper exercise - Rachel hadn't picked up a needle before she started the course, she is now and avid stitcher - Yeehhaaa!!!

I am very excited about Experimental Textiles running again this year. This will be the third year of teaching this course at IDC, The Old Needle Works in Redditch and it is what I do best - guiding students through all the basic textile techniques so they can confidently work on their own. One of last years students enjoyed the course so much - she is doing it again - and we have a very keen Tricia flying in from Scotland for every session.

Here are a couple of endorsements from two of the students that finished the course in March.

"I was looking for a well thought out course that covered a wide variety of techniques  taught in a way that gave the freedom to experiment without the constraints usually imposed by an accredited course and actively encouraged individual thought. Kim's Experimental Textiles did all that and more!
The Old Needle Works/Inkberrow Design Centre was the perfect venue for running this course and making it such a success."
 
 Getting stuck in with procion dyes.
 
 "I had been looking for a creative textile course for about 2 years;a course that was pitched somewhere between a leisure evening class and a degree, that would also be suitable for someone with no textile experience or portfolio! A tall order but I found exactly what I wanted at IDC so a big THANK YOU to you and of course Kim. It has challenged me in more ways than I could have imagined and is now a foundation on which I will find my own creative voice in the future"

There is still time enrol on the course - which starts in 3 weeks. We have reduced the price of the course from £1700 to £1500 as several teachers were trying to get the course as part as their CPD (Continuous Professional Development). We hope they can now enrol.

All the information about the nine two day workshops (no they can't be booked individually - it's a long course) and the course description can be found here - www.experimentaltextiles.com there is also a short video
on this site of me talking about the course, filmed on my stand at one of the shows.
If you are interested in the course and want to ask some questions - do email me at info@kimthittichai.com

 

I am off to Art Van Go on Monday to get ready to teach Creating Original Designs on Tuesday and Wednesday, I am very excited about seeing the AVG team again. While I am up there I will also be meeting some members of a group I may be mentoring. Ooooerr!!! 
 

Have a great weekend.
 
Hello Jill, Diana and Todd - I didn't make those calls - but I will. 

x x x



Comments

  1. Say hello to Gill and Paul for me. List or no list?? xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016