Hot Textiles at Denman College 31st October - 2nd November

Yes! it had to be done . . . it would be rude not to!

I do love teaching at Denman College - not JUST for the food. Everyone is so well looked after and we always have great fun. I was back this time to teach 'Hot Textiles '- my basic safe use of heat tools workshop. The students were fabulous and every one got on well together.


The Light Craft Room is my usual teaching studio, it is very light and airy with plenty of room for all our bags and boxes of STUFF!

Painted Bondaweb with gold transfer foil, glitter and artichoke seeds.

More painted Bondaweb gilding flake, dried flowers, artichoke heart seeds and glitter.

A very simple but very beautiful sample of painted Bondaweb with a circle of gold transfer foil.

2 fab samples of Tyvek layered with polyester organza, machine stitched together and then zapped with a heat gun to reveal different colours.
A bit like cheeky reverse applique!

Heavy pelmet Vilene plus dyed with procion dye powder on the iron-on glue side and then decorated with threads, net and gilding flake.

Quick - get the gilding flake . . . x

As you can see from this very small selection of a huge amount of samples, the students produced some great work and were a joy to spend time with. Groups like this are what make teaching such fun. What is really exciting is that 4 of the group are coming back to Denman in January for 'Hot Textiles 2'. If you fancy joining us you are very welcome, you don't have to be a member of the W.I. to enrol on courses at Denman.

There were other course on at the same time as mine.

Silver clay jewelery . . .

 . . .  and Chinese brush painting - gorgeous!

X

I am sitting in the office at Inkberrow Design Centre writing this waiting to unload my car to set up for teaching a 2 day 'New Layered Textiles' workshop.
I can't wait to show the delights of working with newspaper and embossing powders amongst other things. Everyone is very busy here getting garments ready for the catwalk at Clothes Show Live. Brenda and her students always put on an amazing show. I am hoping I might get there this year and have a good look around. 

So I think my studio is free now - I will now unload and set up. I will report on our exploits over the weekend . . . . 



Hello Jill and R.S.

X



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016