The Jane, Sue & Gina Show!

A selection of beautiful beaded bowls by Sue Redhead, Jane Wolfe & Gina Dean

I find it amusing that a workshop I created based on bowls and bangles I have been making all my life - has become very popular in the The Experimental Textiles Video Library & Membership. I have never taught this workshop as it is something I have always just - done. Making strange and unusual pieces with random beads has always given me great pleasure - I hadn't realised that it might intrigue others too. 

I decided to film the workshop and see if any of the membership wanted to play with the techniques. My goodness they have been having fun. It just goes to show - you never know!

 

One of Gina's larger vessels

Students on the video library go through waves of working, there will be a flurry of work and samples on one workshop, then others will start on another. As the member is for 12 months, you can create your work when it suits you. What I love is how they all chat to each other, showing each other their latest work and then discussing how it was made, where they got their supplies etc. As there are members all over the globe, they can help each other, and me, find the products and resources they need.

One of Gina's smaller bowls. It just fits in the hand.
 
More of Gina's vessels . .
 

As well as creating her bowls, Jane has made to gorgeous bangles 

    A few clips from the Baubles, Bangle & Beads workshop

The next workshop going live will be Fabulous Cuffs & Collars - you can see all the workshops here - www.kimthittichai.com/extexvideolibrary

***

In between filming and editing the next workshop, I am getting everything ready for my stand at The Fashion & Embroidery Show at the NEC in Birmingham. 14th - 17th March. If you are coming to the show, do come and say Hello!! I will be on stand G34.

www.fashionembroidery.co.uk


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016