Doing a happy dance!

 

I look as though I mean business . . brandishing my iron . .

It's been a busy time since I last wrote the blog. I am now in full time filming and editing mode. Whilst I can't make up the time I lost when I had the TIA, I can make sure I don't dilly dally about recording the remaining 5 online workshops for The Experimental Textiles Video Library & Membership. Whilst it is hard work, it will be worth it to get them all up on the website by the end of the month.

I can't tell you how satisfying it is to be able to talk to students online when they ask questions or post their work in the private group attached to each of the workshops. I do a little happy dance when a member posts their work. After years of trying different online teaching platforms, the best one is my own website. Technology has changed so much, it is amazing how much we can now host on our websites. And with the help of David Kelly, my website works well and looks fabulous. I am sitting here, grinning happily while I write this.

 Baubles, Bangles & Beads is the latest workshop to go live. I haven't taught this workshop before. It is rare for me to show you how I create in my own practice. I usually teach basic, creative processes, encouraging you to develop your own ideas and style. I have decided to share a bit more of how I work over the next year.

These 3 beautiful bangles have been created by Sue Redhead who has been working with me on the video library since it began. Sue is a quilter but also really enjoys exploring and experimenting with all kinds of media. Aren't these gorgeous?

 

Beautiful bangles by Sue Redhead

A quick peek at a few clips from Baubles, Bangles & Beads.

With 7 online workshops now live, that means there are 7 private groups also live. I love it when my phone pings to tell me someone has posted in one of the groups. I don't think I will ever stop feeling that flash of excitement to see what has been posted. How am I going to cope with the excitement when all 12 workshops are online? It is going to be great fun.

 Sally Thompson has been having fun on the Newspaper Faux Chenille workshop. I love how she is experimenting with stitching the channels.

Newspaper faux chenille sample by Sally Thompson

 

As the number of members is growing, it is so good to see more faces on the Zoom Catch Ups on the last Friday of every month. All parts of the membership are working well. Happy sigh . .

If you haven't seen the new look website - 

www.kimthittichai.com

 

x x x

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016