Frosty days and a colourful online workshop

Fizz helping me change the beds . .

Well it has stopped raining for a few days, and now it is down to freezing. Brrr!!! My readers in Australia and New Zealand will be enjoying gorgeous sunshine. I hope it isn't too hot for you - I know the temperatures are rising.

Meanwhile in the northern hemisphere, it is very chilly indeed - though warm in the sun. There is surprising heat in the sun, out of the wind! We rarely get frost this close to the sea, but we have had a few very frosty days. It is very pretty and I am grateful that I can pick and choose when I venture out of my cosy, warm home.

Like many folk that live by the sea, my yard is decorated with various 'ornaments' that I have found on beach walks. They are very pretty in the frost. I enjoy arranging them.

It is very rare to see the frost on the walls and on the grass in my field

The girls are enjoying the bright, dry days. Walking them is so much more fun when it is dry

I have been busy filming my next online workshops, I am a bit behind schedule due to my recent health blip, but I am getting there. Transforming Transfer has just gone live on the The Experimental Textiles Video Library and Membership.

I love the bright colours you can achieve with disperse/transfer dyes. You can mix them if you like more muted tones. 

I love transfer printing, it is a great chance to play with colour on synthetic fabrics and then zap them with a heat gun and cut them with a soldering iron. You don't have to - but it is fun . . 

There is €50 off the price of the full membership of €350 until the end of January in case any of you are interested? The code is JAN50 when you get to the pay page. The next workshop going up will be Baubles, Bangles and Beads.

Have a look at the workshops here . . .  www.kimthittichai.com

Here is a taster video of the Transforming Transfer workshop -  

 


Do you feel ready to face the year ahead? Taking down the Christmas decorations always seems to galvanise me into action. I am ready to get on with my plans and remember what day it is - it can be difficult to remember between Christmas and New Year.

There was one decoration I couldn't put away this time. I will leave this little fairy out the whole year round in my dresser. She was one of a range of fairys a friend of mine made to sell at a local Christmas market. I bought 2 for friends, and had to go back get another for me. She is sitting next to the fabulous tea cosy this clever friend also made. Isn't wonderful to have creative friends?

My new fairy in my kitchen dresser, I love her.

 

 I hope this blog post finds you well, it can be a difficult time for many.

x x x

 

 

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016