Gorgeous colour in the sky and in my work

5pm on October 30th
 
5.16pm on October 30th

Well it is November - so we do expect to have storms here on the west coast of Ireland. Storm Ciaran has passed over Ireland and is now thrashing parts of the UK. It has been pretty windy and the rain has been horrendous. We have had a lot of local flooding. However the house is fine, everything outside is a bit squidgy and soaking wet. Taking the dogs out is fun at the moment! Though with everything that is happening in the world at the moment, I certainly can't complain . . 

With the nights drawing in, in the northern hemisphere, the sun is setting earlier and earlier. We have been enjoying some rather beautiful sun sets. The colours are quite remarkable, the images above were taken within 16 minutes of each other. Living out here on the edge certainly has it's advantages.

I think you can see where I get the inspiration from for my work.  

www.kimthittichai.com/work-for-sale

 

5.27pm on October 27th

I particularly love it when the sky is glowering and grey and then the sun comes out and hits one of the fields in the distance. The green and gold with the dark grey is one of my favourite combinations.

Since my return from teaching in Australia I have been filming the next workshop to go live on The Experimental Textiles Video Library & Membership. 

Filming in the studio

Now You See It . ! shows you how to get the most out of water soluble fabric. I use Solufleece, it is my favourite water soluble. I have made a short taster video to give you an idea of part of what I have been up to. This taster just shows one of the projects on the workshop.

 


Yes! Even I can do dainty . . Silk fabric leaves trapped between Solufleece and free machine embroidered.


 The Experimental Textiles Video Library & Membership

I love it when new students post their first experiments in the private group attached to each online workshop. 

Jo's first sample on A New Starting Point

This is Jo's first comment in group

I have thoroughly enjoyed working on ‘A new starting point’. The concept seems to open up an unimaginable variety of designs for base layers, and I never have any idea of how they will turn out until finished! but then of course, you could add yet another layer!

I couldn't say it better myself  . . .

 To see more about the workshops and what is coming up -

 www.kimthittichai.com

 (Video Club - members don't forget the next Zoom catch up is Friday November 15th at 6pm - Dublin time)


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016