If my books could talk!

 

My first 4 books . .  

Welcome to my new blog subscribers. 

I have 2 mailing lists one for this blog, and one for my newsletter. This blog tends to be a long read, it can contain all kinds of things, my life here in Ireland, my dogs, my travel, whatever takes my fancy, I can ramble, I like to talk to you all. There is a search engine in the top right hand corner, I have been writing this blog for 10 years or so, so if you want to find out what I have written about Lutradur or Tyvek or New Zealand, anything really . . just pop it into the search engine

My newsletter is more of a short read, what is happening with my teaching, news of shows and new travel tours. That kind of thing.

   




 I don't know if you can hear it from where you are, but my brain is whirring with new ideas and techniques. While I am filming and updating my 12 most popular workshops, I am developing new ideas to share with you. My 'what happens if . . ' head is definitely on. More of that in a minute . .

 

A student working on my 'background & pretty' technique in A New Starting Point

It struck me today while I was driving (I find I get a lot of ideas when I am driving), that The Experimental Textiles Video Library is my version of talking books. If you have enjoyed using any of my books, then you will certainly enjoy working through all the workshops in your own time and place, watching the videos and then getting on with samples and hopefully new work, when it suits you. Plus you get to engage with me, if you want to. Some people like to work on their own, others will love to share their images on the chat groups for each workshop and discuss with others how they are getting on. The choice is yours.

 The first 2 workshops Bonkers About Bondaweb and Tinkering with Tyvek, are live on the video library, I am just filming A New Starting Point which will be live on Monday, and Baubles, Bangles & Beads will follow soon after. You can see the dates of the roll out of workshops here - https://www.kimthittichai.com/

You are now able to enrol on the website for an extended subscription. If you enrol now, your annual subscription will start on January 1st 2024 - so you will get 4 extra months. All the workshops will be live by December 30th 2023. 

If you would like to join us on the video library, I have a €50 off coupon for you - just type August 2023 (not in bold) into the coupon box on the pay page and you can subscribe until December 31st 2024 for €300 rather than €350. You will need to be a member of the website to enrol, You can do this on the bottom left of any page of my website. you can enrol or read more about the video library here - https://www.kimthittichai.com/

Using Tyvek to raise the surface of your work

If you would like to ask any questions about the video library, just email me here - https://www.kimthittichai.com/contact

I look forward to seeing a few you on The Experimental Textiles Video Library soon.


So that is probably enough for now, except to say, if you have read all the way to the bottom of this post, that yes - there will be a book 5 - more of that when I come back from Australia in October. 

 

Keep well and happy, x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016