Festival of Quilts NEC Birmingham 3 - 6 August 2023


A sample beaded vessel for the Baubles, Bangles and Beads workshop
Looking inside
I love working with different sizes of beads

 

It's nearly here - The Festival of Quilts 2023.

www.thefestivalofquilts.co.uk/exhibitors/kim-thittichai/

 The last show I did was Festival of Quilts in 2019. Then the world ground to halt!

It seems to have taken ages to prepare for this show. Just the admin takes a lot of time, and then there are the decisions on how to dress the stand. What do I want to promote and how do I want to promote it? What will I sell?

Various heat distressed effects on painted and layered Tyvek


Well the decisions are all made and I am halfway through loading the car ready for the drive over to the UK on Monday. I will be promoting the Experimental Textiles Video Library & Membership with a special show discount and selling various packs of Hot Spots and Tyvek along with 2 special packs of transfer foils.

I will be demonstrating on the stand every day. I will be in the Quilting in Action area (between halls 8 and 9) on stand QIA32. If you are coming to the show, do come and say Hello! 

I can't tell you how excited I am to be going to the show and to be seeing all my friends and students, it is going to be very sociable. It will also be a luxury to be able to spend 4 days playing on the stand. I haven't had much time to play recently. I will be surrounded buy all the products I use and all the sparkle and shine. It's going to be fabulous.

Leaving all this behind for a week

What is happening to the girls while I am away I hear you say? My good friend Nicola Brown is coming to stay. She will be bringing her dog Pip with her. She is arriving today so we will have a chance for a good catch up before I leave on Monday. Nicola and I are teaching at Geelong Fibre Forum in September, so we will be seeing quite a lot of each other over the next couple of months. We usually manage to have a catch up 2 or 3 times a year, it can take a bit of planning, but we usually work out something.

Pops and Fizz

I shall miss my girls while I am away but I can relax knowing they are being so well looked after. It will be a shock to the system to be driving in the UK again. It is so quiet where I live in Ireland. I am not looking forward to driving in all the heavy traffic, but it's good to keep my driving skills up.

I will be posting daily on Facebook and Instagram if you want see what is happening on my stand and around the show. No doubt there will be several excited live reels and more sedate reels of some of the amazing work at the show.

Detail of a gecko on a T.shirt created from transfer foiled Hot Spots

 

 You can see my stand information here, what I am selling etc. https://www.thefestivalofquilts.co.uk/exhibitors/kim-thittichai/

 

That's all folks. . . more when I get back.

x x x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016