It's been a while . .

My original 'Capstones' created in 1999. 5 foot wide.

Hello! Remember me? 
It's nearly 2 months since I posted on here, apologies. Life has been a bit up and down and to be very honest, I haven't really felt like writing. 

I am back up to speed now. I have had 2 dear friends staying with me from New Zealand. They have helped me finally get all my kit sorted. They have been such stars, coming here for a long holiday and ending up clearing out all my STUFF!!!


 I am surrounded by these remarkable feats of human endeavour.

Inspiration is all around here in West Clare and I have been taking photos of the particularly wonderful dry stone walls to be found in this part of Ireland since I arrived here.
I have now started on a new body of work. As always I am going take a little artistic license, I have enjoyed making the first 2 in the series. These are 3 feet across.


Dry Stone Walls I and II

As you can see I going right back the very beginning when I started to make large pieces of work. I love the simplicity and the essence of simple shapes and lines. My original Capstones piece was based on the capstones on a wall in Devon, the colour of the stone in Devon is remarkable. I am going to enjoy developing more work along this theme. I think I have enough photos of walls - don't you Jill?

My new work is currently being exhibited in Scariff library in county Clare until September 1st. 

***


Poppy is growing - her back is as high as the top of my knee . .

Poppy, my puppy (small horse), is doing well. Not the best at recall at the moment - I think she is going through her teenage stage. She seems to be going backwards with her training. She is such great fun, she makes me laugh out loud.

Christine and Denise my friends from New Zealand arrived in Ireland mid July. we have been having a fabulous time touring around and the girls have been helping finally sort out all the bags and boxes that hadn't quite been 'resolved'.
They have been Superstars. Christine has now gone to see family in the UK and Denise is back here after a week away in Brussels. She will be here until the end of the month. We are getting on with some work and as Denise is gluten free, she does all the cooking - wonderful.


 Christine and Denise in Kilbaha Gallery, it has to be done.

Exploring the Kilkee Cliffs.
Or as they fondly termed here on the Loop,
The Cliffs of Nowhere!

As you can see, the weather has been pretty good while the girls have been here. I shall miss Denise when she has gone - she has been a great support. I will see her and Christine in October 2019 when I am in New Zealand again.


***

My Look, Draw, Stitch, weekends are coming along well. I have 3 students booked the weekend of the 18/19 August. 1 from Australia, 1 from New Zealand and 1 from East Clare. For more information have a look here - Sonas 2
If you would like a booking form for September, October or November, just email me - info@kimthittichai.com.

Trisha James was on my May weekend and has sent me this finished stitched piece taken from one her printed designs.

One of the prints that Tricia created.

 . . and the stitched interpretation.
Just fantastic.

Tricia is going to send more images as she finishes each piece, I am very much looking forward to seeing what she gets up to.

So that is me more or less up to date. I shall be working on some new dry stone wall canvases to add to my exhibition and traveling about the local area showing Denise things I think she shouldn't miss.

***

Hello Jill and Diana, I hope you both enjoy the FOQ.
Hi Tod - hope you are enjoying the cooler weather.

x x x 

Comments

  1. You can never have too many photos of dry stone walls or rock pools! I look forward to taking many more with you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016