. . of Land, Sea and Sky . .

The Three Sisters at Echo Point, Katoomba viewed from Sublime Point

What has happened to the weather in the U.K? I have had to turn my central heating on and while I was listening to the radio this morning they said it was snowing lightly in Scotland!!!! There was I thinking I would sit in the sun for a couple of days while I remember which way up I'm supposed to be.

If you are a regular reader of this blog you will have realised I have had a wonderful time in the Antipodes. I was so well looked after everywhere I went. Working hard doesn't seem so bad when you work with wonderful people. I will add the New Zealand part of the blog tomorrow - I just wanted to share with you some of the incredible scenery I was lucky enough to see in the Blue Mountains and around Blenheim in New Zealand. I had very little time to sight see but what I did see was remarkable . . . .
 
The Three Sisters taken from Echo Point



Ancient forests that go for hundreds of miles

 
Beautiful textures in the rock



*

I was only in New Zealand for a week and saw a very small part of the South Island - the coast road from Christchurch to Blenheim and some of the vineyards around Blenheim. What I saw was enough to know I need to go and spend more time there - regularly. It is a truly stunning part of the world.
Here are a selection of beautiful scenes.











 It is Autumn in New Zealand, the grapes have just been picked and the leaves left on the vines are turning red and gold.

  Because the atmosphere is so clear in that part of the world the sunsets and the sky at dusk turn colours you wouldn't quite believe. This turquoise sky out to sea had me spellbound  . . . .



So - in between sleeping, unpacking and washing, I am slowly getting to grips with my life and catching up with what has been happening while I have been away. I will post tomorrow about the fun we had at the Fibre Festival in Blenheim.

x x x



Comments

  1. I think you must be inspired to see these rocks and landscape.
    Yesterday I bought your book Hot textiles at the Open European Quilt championships in Veldhoven the Netherlands, a beautifull book!!
    http://quiltaart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Aart, I hope you enjoy the book, you may also enjoy my latest book Layered Textiles.
    The rocks and landscapes were very beautiful, they will stay in my mind for a long time.

    I hope you enjoyed the Quilt Championships.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are some new quilts coming up?? Beautiful fotographs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!!

    ...will be in touch soon :-)

    x C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016