La Verderie and Bluewater

The beautiful courtyard at La Verderie

2 workshops in France September/October
Hot Textiles - Creative Bondaweb  September 26th – October 1st
Luscious Layers October 3rd – 8th

I am very blinkered in the way I think and sometimes need a nudge to make me realise what is staring me in the face!

 Gorgeous old buildings with loads of inspirational textures can be found around and about La Verderie

Because the workshops in France are going to be for 4 - 5 students I immediately thought they would be good for beginners and marketed it accordingly. It has been pointed out to me several times that working in a small group would also be a great opportunity for more advanced students to have their own 'masterclass' with me. There will be plenty of time for one to one tuition for any level of experience so Sue and I have now changed the skill levels on all the advertising. I am giving you all the 'heads up' as I start my show season this week and will be promoting these courses and I expect the course will fill quite quickly as we can only take 4/5 students.
Sue and John are fantastic hosts and La Verderie is the place I go to escape.

One of the beautiful buildings in Saintes

 La Verderie is an old stone farmhouse that Sue and John Culligan moved to in 2004. Over the years they have added new bedrooms and bathrooms to provide accommodation for up to 5 guests. The house is situated in a tiny hamlet surrounded by vineyards, sunflowers and shady woodland. The enclosed courtyard garden is perfect for relaxed alfresco dining. In cooler weather there is a large open fire in the comfortable sitting-room.
 Have a look at the website - workshops in France
 
  . . . .  and of course the fields of sunflowers . . . .

 x

Creative Stitches at Bluewater - THIS WEEK!
AARGghhh!!! this has galloped up quickly - I'm not quite ready yet . . . . 
I will be on stand D37 and lots of my friends will be there too - Wendy Dolan, Isobel Hall, Jenny Rayment and Jane Sadgrove to mention a few. I only get to see some of these lovelies at shows so it will be a great treat! We are going to have SUCH a FAB time - The show is going to be amazing with all the new displays and my great friend Brenda Killigrew will be there running the fabulous fashion shows - 
If you can get there in time I will be giving a lecture every day at 11am in the lecture theatre.

 I must dash off and pack up some orders and start thinking about what I need for the stand and then write a lecture . . . . . 

x

Comments

  1. Looking forward to the show, going on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, Yeehaa! It should be great fun. Do come and say Hello! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you at Bluewater, going Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irene, do come and say Hello! My stand has now changed to E08 - next door to the chocolate stand!!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016