Layers & Landscapes

Well - Ally Pally has come and gone. The show is always one of the highlights of the year and this year we were not disappointed. It was wonderful to see the retrospective of Juila Caprara's work, what an incredible artist and teacher she was. I also particularly enjoyed the work of Gizella K Warburton, her muted tones and layered textures were a feast for the eyes.

It was great to see so many of my friends and customers at the show, thank you all for dropping by. I know it can be difficult to get to me sometimes when I am surrounded by hoards of lovely ladies but thanks to those who made the effort. I was assisted on the stand by Brenda and Lou from Inkberrow Design Centre and Castanea. Having a disgusting cold I was in ever more need of their tender care and energy. They were absolute superstars - supplying me with hot chocolate on demand and mopping my fevered brow when necessary.

Having been so inspired by the show I have just been going through some of my photos - I am thinking of a new layered piece of work to incorporate Lutradur and hand dyed natural fabrics.

the view from down the road from my house

a burnt field in France

the view across to Falmer

another view across to Falmer in the evening light

I am looking forward to working in strips and layers and have been sorting some of hand dyed threads for couching and stitching. Who knows the work may even end up in my next book. Yes!!! it is plodding along without toooo much distraction from boys. . . . . . . . .  x

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016