A few days on the Isle of Wight


I had no idea the Isle of Wight was SO lovely. I've just got back from a few days over there with my family. We had pretty good weather, unlike today in Brighton - it is wet, misty and cold. I've put the heating on . . .

We did the usual things like going to The Needles -

Which my lovely sister persuaded me were best reached by the cable chairs - I haven't been so scared for a VERY long time.

My Dad and I visited the Botanical Gardens at Ventnor and then went on to meet the rest of the family for a pub lunch on the sea front,


When we arrived on the seafront we thought is was a bit busy - then we looked out to sea and realised why, it was the round the island yacht race. It was a remarkable sight - over a thousand yachts, the colours and simple shapes were quite beautiful.


*

It's back to work tomorrow - I will be teaching the joys of using painted Bondaweb with gilding flake and all sorts of sparkly things - it's going to be great. I will be teaching Bonded and bejeweled newspaper for stitch at Foredown Tower, home of one of the only camera obscura in the U.K. I'm hoping the weather will be clear so we get a chance to have a demonstration. I will report back later in the week.

There are still 2 places left on my course next week - see right. 

Lets hope it warms up soon . . .

*


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016