. . . Even more newspaper faux chenille . . . !

Newspaper faux chenille book by Jen Henley

My happiness is now complete - someone has sent some of their own work to me to show you - well done Jen!!! Wonderful though all my samples are, it is much more interesting to see what other people do with these techniques.

This is the email Jen sent - 

Love your Facebook page. Re your post about faux chenille, I have attached some photos inspired by you. Love your new book and the faux chenille with newspaper really appealed.
 
I had a stash of newspaper used for ironing off soya from fabric.  It had been painted with Koh-i-Noor (using a wide brush and the whole palette, lovely mucky colour). Followed your instructions and machined the newspaper onto a base of painted Vilene Spunbond/Lutradur that I had lying around. Was ecstatic with the finished piece and turned it into a book cover, using faggoting stitch to join the edges of the spine with a natural linen thread. Decided that the book needed home made paper so made a batch of coloured paper to tone with the cover...then added to each page strips of some paper I made a few years ago. Stitched the signature to the spine using a three hole pamphlet stitch.
 
If you like what you see then feel free to post it on  blog/Facebook/website.

This is what I was hoping this blog would be about - you sharing your samples and ideas.



I think you will agree that the book is stunning and very beautifully finished.

x

I have just received word that my workshops for the Fiber Festival Alaska in March are filling up fast so I had better get on with my American visa and start checking out flights. Wow!! Alaska - amazing, I'm very excited. It is going to be horribly tight time wise with the Fashion and Embroidery Show and my Australia/New Zealand trip - but a girls got to do what a girls go to do . . .
Yeehaaaa!!!

x


Comments

  1. Looking forward to meeting you at the Creative Fibre Festival in Blenheim, New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther,
    I'm so looking to being there and meeting you all - we are going to have such fun! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016