Delightful Denman!

The Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera) in full flower - quite stunning, just one of the many specimen trees in the grounds

One more post about Denman College. www.denmancollege.org.uk It is a very beautiful place to work, learn and play! Denman has it's own new website which will be continually updated over the next month or so. Although the college is the home of the W.I. all the courses are open to the public - MEN and women. You don't have to be a member to enrol on the courses and enjoy the whole Denman experience. The grounds are stunning and well kept with plenty of areas to explore in any spare time you have. They look good throughout the year. Amongst many attractions I love the long flower border and the lake.


looking across the grounds to a beautiful group of trees


one of the gorgeous flower borders


one aspect of the lake with its well established trees and surrounding planting

There are usually several courses running at one time at Denman and on the last day of a course all students are encouraged to have a look at what everyone else has been up to. It is always a great chance to have a good look at the all the other teaching studios. Mike Burgess (above in the blue shirt) teaches at Denman regularly. He offers digital photography and working with pastels and watercolours. He is great fun and very encouraging, so if you fancy having a dabble artistically, then his will be the course for you. I am trying to find time to go on one of them myself as I need all the help I can get to develop my skills and being rather unconfident about said skills, I think Mike could help.

two of my lovely girls discussing the floral displays

I will back at Divine Denman for these courses

October 31 – November 2 2011
Hot Textiles  
course no - 112.124  3 places left

July 13 – 16 2012
Hot Textiles part 2  
course no - 112.964

August 6 – 10 2012
New Layered Textile Techniques  
course no - 112.1044

X

I am having a catch up week this week. I need to sort a load of images for the Alaska Fiber Festival website and for the New Zealand blog. I MUST try to sort out my office - it is a TIP!!! I may be having a visitor to stay next week . . . . a certain gentleman of my acquaintance . . . . and he will NOT be impressed! I am hoping he will help me with hanging my new supposedly squirrel proof bird feeder. Huh, squirrel proof, I wish!!!!! Still, it's worth one more try. This is the last feeder I am going to try. It's an air rifle next . . . . . don't worry I am joking . . . . but sometimes - aarrgghHHHHHH!!!!!

I have tried just about every type of feeder, huge ones, small ones, cages with sleeves that slide down, you name it, I've tried it. I will let you know if it works. If any of you have had any success at keeping squirrels at bay - do let me know. 

Yours about to attack my kitchen floor with a mop - I think I know where it is - the mop that is!

X

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016