Off to New Zealand . .

Packed and just about on weight!!
 
Right, I am all packed and my cases are just about borderline weight wise! Gulp!! I am off to Dublin airport to fly to Christchurch on the South Island of New Zealand. Let's hope it has stopped shaking. I dont fly til 8.30pm, but I need to park etc.

 I will be staying with my good friend Denise and her hubby on their farm for 4 days then I will be flying up to Auckland on the North Island to start 3 weeks of teaching. I hope to be able to drop in on Alysn Midgelow Marsden and inspect her new home and her new aircraft hanger of a studio, jealous?? ME??

 Denise hiding in the foliage on her verandah.

Gore Bay. Close to the farm, great for long walks.
 
Denise lives in Cheviot and has been coping with almost continual shaking of the ground since the big earthquake earlier in the year. They had a 4.9 shake 2 weeks ago. Scary. Cheviot was cut off for several weeks until the roads were cleared. I hope to be able to have a look at the new Kaikoura road. The seabed was thrown up and is now exposed.

I will post when I can as I travel across the North Island. If you need a daily fix, then follow me on Facebook. www.facebook.com/kim.thittichai

***

I have just arranged 3 one day workshops on Jersey on the 15th - 17th September this year. It will be great to be back at The Harbour Gallery and to see Pat again. If you are interested in any of the workshops email Pat at 
partintheframe@yahoo.co.uk

Friday September 15th
10 - 4
On the Surface

 Saturday September 16th
10 - 4
A New Starting Point
 
 Sunday September 17th
10 - 4
The Journey
September is a beautiful month to be on Jersey, I can highly recommend it for a short break.  If you need help with booking accommodation, just email Pat and she can sort something for you.  partintheframe@yahoo.co.uk

***

OK! That's me flying out the door . . . 

Heelo Jill, was soooo good to see you, not long til July.
Hello Diana, love to you both. 
Hello Tod, Hope to ring you from the airport.

x x x 

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016