Now You See It . . . May 6th Babbacombe

 Little birdies in the trees - nearly finished. Just needed the rest of birdies to be stuck on.

 So - I have now caught up as far as May 6th at the Beads for Beauty studio in Babbacombe, run by Sylvia McCann and her ultra talented daughter Alison.


 
 The studio at Beads for Beauty, Babbacombe.

The teaching studio is fabulous, plenty of room with power to the tables - always good for me!
Now You See It . . ! Is my machine embroidery workshop.
I don't tend to teach machine embroidery courses, my friend Wendy Dolan (www.wendydolan.co.uk) does it so well, and I don't want to stray onto another tutors 'patch'.

The students colour a canvas with Inktense blocks or crayons ready for their machine embroidered shapes. I use the water soluble Solufleece for free machine embroidery, it is strong enough to stitch heavily without tearing, and washes away very efficiently. www.vlieseline.com

If you stretch Solufleece in an embroidery frame, you can print onto it, making sure you print off the excess paint.

 
 The canvases were coloured with Inktense blocks and then printed with the same printing blocks/stamps that were going to be embroidered.

 Colouring the canvases.

 While the canvases were drying, the group stretched their Solufleece in the their embroidery frames and printed on it. This is a great exercise to try if you aren't confident in your drawing skills.

 
 Printing onto the stretched Solufleece.

 
Starting to stitch on the printed Solufleece.

 Once you have completed your embroidered shape, making sure that all your stitched link up, you can dissolve the Solufleece.

 The decorated canvas, the embroidered shapes and the printing block/stamp that was used.

 The printed canvases and the some of the embroidered shapes before they were dissolved.

 Placing the shapes before they are dissolved.

Starting to place the shapes.

 A lovely elephant.

 Lots of fishes.

 I loved this piece . .

 
 Details of the underwater design.

 Some excellent poppy seed heads.

Sweet little Agapanthus heads. 

We had a great time at Sylvia's, we were VERY well looked after.
Beads for Beauty  It was great to teach there again.
I will be writing up the next part of my tour in Honiton, over the weekend.

***


Hot Textiles at The Bridge in Brighton. 
Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June

2 spaces have become available for my 2 day workshop using painted Bondaweb, Tyvek and other delights. £95 plus materials
 I am not taking anymore bookings for the UK for a year. I am fulfilling the bookings that I have. I hope to move to Ireland by the Autumn and set up a studio over there. So get me while you can!!

 Rhythm and Space at The Bridge Brighton
Monday 22nd to Friday 26th.

There are still spaces on this summer school. A week of colour, shape and design. We will be creating original designs while listening to music, making printing blocks and finishing either a wall panel or canvas. Stitch, colour and music - what more do you need?  £275 plus materials

***

That's it for now my lovelies - more at the weekend -or maybe the beginning of next week. Black bags and a skip are calling . . .

***

Diana - not long till June
Jill - wait till you see the house I am going to view in Ireland 
Tod - talk soon
Denise - Hello baby

x

Comments

  1. Can I choose my room now.... please.... can't wait for a visit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You most certainly may, x x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016