More - Bonded and bejeweled newspaper for stitch at Foredown Tower

 Painted Bondaweb decorated with newspaper strips, gold foil and glitter.

We had another fabulous day at Foredown Tower yesterday playing with painted Bondaweb on newspaper and fabric. Playing with a technique is very important. It is much easier to learn in a relaxed environment.

The group working hard.

The workshop was the same as the one I taught last week but with different students so apologies for more of the same - of course it is never the same, as you will see.

The images below are all painted Bondaweb on fabric decorated with foil and/or glitter and/or gilding flake -





This sample is decorated with foil, strips of newspaper and grass.

This one is decorated with foil and gilding flake.

I love this one, I'm sorry it's not quite in focus. I just love the simplicity of it.

The images below are newspaper based with all the sparkly bits at my disposal . . .





There were many more fab samples which you can see here if you are on Facebook More - bonded and bewjeweled

Several of the students from both these one day courses have booked onto the Summer School at Foredown Tower in August so it should be a cracking 3 days - Yehhaaaaa!

x

I will be off to Redditch on Friday to teach the third weekend of Experimental Textiles - it's colour wheels this time and looking at how we use colour. On Saturday night I am going to a ceilidh - let's hope my poor old knee hold out!  

On Tuesday I will be off to West Dean College to teach Extreme Surfaces for Stitch for three days. I had better make sure I can find all my samples.

So lot's to do - I am also finally getting around to sorting out my West Country tour the last 2 weeks of June next year - I am getting there - slowly!

x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016