A little bit of what you fancy . . . !

Beautiful textures and subtle neutral colours plus an interesting collection of shapes.

Well the stands are up and we are nearly ready - Jayne and I will go in early tomorrow to finish off. We came back to our guest house at 3pm and we were both so tired we fell asleep. We have just got back from having dinner in the local pub and are now packing up product in our respective rooms. Jayne is cutting up CS500 Spunbond ready for her workshop tomorrow in her room and I am rolling up single metres of Lamifix in my room. It is an annoying job as the Lamifix sticks to itself but I sell a lot of it and it is a fab product, so it is worth it.
I am very lucky that Jayne has been able to take time off work to help me on the stand this year, she is an ex student who has turned into a great friend - she knows what I am like - and she still speaks to me!!!! I couldn't have managed on my own, I am still very tired and trying to keep the neuralgia under control - I have never taken so many drugs!

I did enjoy my banoffee sundae - I really felt I needed it - VERY naughty - but VERY nice!

I will take loads of photos over the next few days to show you what goes on at the show - it really is the best.

x


Comments

  1. I'm sure you know this, but the more tired you get, the more neuralgia you have... I had shingles at 17, and it took a long time before the neuralgia settled. I know how hard it is to rest during a show, but the more you can, the better.
    hth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion, I will try to bear that in mind. The neuralgia seems to be pretty constant at the moment but it is bearable with the drugs! It is unfortunate that I have this big show just before I fly to Aus, but I will just have to make the best of it. I am seeing my doctor again before I go to make sure I have enough meds.
      Thank you so much for your advice, it is much appreciated. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016