Travelling North . . . !

Various  weights of Vilene Spunbond cut with a soldering iron and bonded onto CS800

 Glasgow here I come!!! I will be leaving tomorrow to start the long drive up to Creative Stitches at the SECC in Glasgow. www.ichf.co.uk It is a 4 day show from the 3rd - 6th March.
I will be on stand no ZG01 and will be running 4 x 30 minute workshops a day on the stand. Tickets are on a first come, first served basis. The workshops are for 6 people at a time.

Scrumptious Spunbond 
30 minute Workshops Everyday - Book places with Kim 10.30, 11.30, 12.30 & 2.30  

Come and discover the versatility of Vilene Spunbond CS 500, CS800 and Bondaweb, learn how to colour and distress these wonderful products. Experiment with different weights of Vilene Spunbond and heat tools to layer up a fascinating sample to take with you.

 Layers of CS500 colours zapped with a heat gun to create a fantastic texture to stitch

I love the journey up North and look forward to the views through Dumfries and Galloway. It will be a scramble to get ready in time to leave, but once I am on the road there is no more I can do - so I can relax. I know many of you are traveling to the show and I look forward to seeing you. Do come and have a chat.

Workshop on the Web which is online tomorrow has a new workshop from me using painted and dyed newspapers and painted Bondaweb so look out for it if you subscribe.

Any of you who who have been on any recent workshops with me will know of my passion for newspaper and of course wonderful Bondaweb!!! See the West Dean workshops on this blog if you want see more of this.

I'm going to rush off now - will let you know how I got on next week - ooooHH! Next week I will be home for 3 days then back up to East Yorkshire for a lecture and workshop. I have never been that side of the country before and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Jill, I will wave to you when I drive past Manchester - do consider the Margaritas!!!!!!

X


Comments

  1. Waving back and sipping a chilled glass of ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I really love that top piece with the curly bits.... too bad I am in australia, a bit far, I think, glasgow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    I'm glad you like my curly bits - I will be teaching in Australia next April - I will announce all the workshops at the end of April this year.
    Kim x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016